Easy & Delicious Summer Salads
I happen to love salads any time of year, but summer is when they really shine. When it's too hot to cook and you don't want a heavy meal, a salad is the perfect solution. But, do you ever get a salad at a restaurant and wonder, "Why can't I do this at home?" My salads used to be boring and uninspired. But, these dressings have helped me refresh my recipes and give my salads a whole new life! Try one for yourself and fall in love with your salads at home again.
Below are a few easy recipes to help you get started, but the nice thing about salads is that there are no rules and anything goes. So, get creative and enjoy!
Bacon Ranch Wedge Salad
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cut into 6 wedges
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 6 radishes, sliced thin
- 8 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Stonewall Kitchen Bacon Ranch
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Place salad wedges on serving plates.
- Divide and top each wedge with tomatoes, avocado, radishes and bacon.
- Drizzle Bacon Ranch Dressing over each wedge and Sprinkle blue cheese on top. Serve immediately.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce
- 4 ounces watercress, stems removed
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 medium red tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 medium yellow or orange tomato, cut into wedges
- 8-12 crostini (French bread toast)
- Blue cheese
- Marinate the chicken in 1/2 cup vinaigrette or dressing at least 2 hours.
- Grill or broil the chicken breasts until cooked through (approximately 8-10 minutes per side). Cool and slice.
- Tear the romaine lettuce. Wash and dry with the watercress leaves.
- Place lettuce in a serving bowl and top with chicken, bacon, eggs, avocado and tomatoes.
- Add additional vinaigrette or dressing and toss gently. Serve with crostini topped with blue cheese.
Tomato, Avocado and Mozzarella Salad
- 4 medium to large fresh mozzarella balls
- 2 ripe avocados
- 5 ripe Roma tomatoes
- 1 bottle Stonewall Kitchen Olive Oil & Balsamic Dressing
- 5-6 leaves romaine lettuce
- Line your favorite platter with romaine leaves.
- Slice tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and avocados and arrange on lettuce leaves.
- Drizzle with dressing.
- Add freshly ground pepper and sea salt to taste.